Pudina Rita is what you get in any Indian restaurant as an accompaniment when you order your kebabs and Tikkis. It’s the most popular dip in India is for good reasons too. Pudina Raita is quick and easy to make and goes very well with Indian starters.
- 200 grams yoghurt
- 3 tbsp mint leaves paste ( tale a few mint leaves and puree or you can use Mint chutney as well)
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1tsp red chilli powder
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced and crushed
- Over a large bowl , place a big piece of muslin cloth.
- Pour the curd over tip. Squeeze it out through the fine pores of the muslin cloth. This gives the creamy texture of the dip just like restaurants.
- Mix the mint leaves paste, sugar, salt and minced garlic to this thick mixture.
- Add the roasted cumin powder and red chilli powder and mix again.
- Adjust the salt and sugar and serve chilled.