Rava dosa is a famous south India dish which is famous all around India. This is made with semolina and curd to make a crispy dosa. Unlike the traditional rice and lentil dosa this dosa can be made quickly and does not need long hours of fermentation. This takes a long time to cook but is worth it.
- ½ cup semolina
- 1tbsp plain flour
- ¼ cup curd
- 2 green chillies
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
- 1 ½ cup water
- In a large bowl Mix together the semolina, flour, curds and about ½ cup of water to make a batter.
- Let it sit for about 15-20 minutes
- Add the cumin seeds, green chillies, salt and mix well.
- Add the rest of the water to make a thin batter.
- Heat a large non-stick flat girdle on a high flame. Apply a little oil. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter and tilting the girdle so that the batter spreads around the pan evenly.
- Apply little oil on the sides.
- Let it cook on a low flame for 5 minutes or till the bottom is evenly browned
- Gently peel out the sides and fold in half
- Repeat for the leftover batter
- Serve hot.