Potato wafers are an all time favourite with children and adults. The store bought versions are not only loaded with calories but they are also deep fried. With this recipe you can make your own version of wafers any time you want and have them hot and crispy. It’s a microwave recipe hence very easy to make.
- 2 large potatoes sliced thin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder ( or paprika works fine)
- 1 tsp oil
- In a large bowl soak the thinly sliced potatoes in cold water for about an hour.
- Drain and towel them dry.
- In another bowl mix the oil, chat masala, red chilli powder and salt. You can opt out the red chilli powder if they are for children.
- Add the dried slices of potato to this mixture and mix well till each of the pieces are well coated with spices and oil.
- Place them evenly on a large microwaveable plate. Make sure not to overlap any of the wafers.
- Microwave high for 4 minutes and take them out. Once its cool store them in an airtight container or they may turn soft as there are no preservatives.